Monday 11 May 2015

New Forest Inspired Coloured Papercut

Last week I finished another woodland themed coloured paper cut, inspired by our walks in the New Forest and incorporating the abundant wood sorrel that covers the forest floor, the brightly coloured buttercups and dandelions and emerging foxgloves. The pencils I use are Staedtler Ergo Soft and the knife is a Swann Morton No. 3 with 10a blades for all those who have contacted me recently asking. I use 120gsm paper that has a slight shimmer to it too. Template available soon.





















3 comments:

  1. This is beautiful like all of your work. I love the coloring in this one, everything seems so realistic. You are an inspiration to me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Breathtaking! Usually I prefer your white designs, but this coloured Background ist awesome.
    Greetings from Germany
    Steffi

    ReplyDelete
  3. As much amazed that so few seem to comment on the incredible work of art this is as the fact that you're able to create such - it's just overwhelmingly awesome - from the sheer amount of work in the cutting through the time then taken to colour it all in.

    I'm a disabled crafter now reduced to electronic cutting but know my Portrait would be unlikely to cut this anywhere near as cleanly & neatly and certainly wouldn't colour it for me as beautifully afterwards. :) Utterly ENVIOUS!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...